Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Weiss Ratings Cryptocurrency Report

Weiss Ratings, an independent rating agency of financial institutions, today released grades for many of the top cryptocurrencies on the market.  They claim their ratings are based on several factors including price risk/reward, blockchain technology, security and real world applications and potential.

This was a highly anticipated report as it's the first of it's kind for the crypto industry.  After some alleged website hacks, and confusion Weiss eventually released the report and at first glance, I have to question the legitimacy of their analysis. It seems to me they've misjudged several of these currencies.  An example of this is Dogecoin... They gave Dogecoin a 'C' rating which suggests a 'hold' position. Doge was created as a joke coin, and is a platform that hasn't been worked on in 2 years. The founder of Doge was interviewed recently and expressed his shock at the raise of the Doge coin; so for it to get a 'C' grade, makes me question their ability to review the market properly.  My concerns continued as I read through the report.  Here's a look at their ratings, with the top two coins getting 'B' grades (Ethereum and EOS).

'B' Grades
Ethereum (ETH)
EOS (EOS)

'B-' Grades
Cardano (ADA)
NEO (NEO)
Steem (STEEM)

'C+' Grades
Ark (ARK)
Bitcoin (BTC)
Byteball Bytes (GBYTE)
Dash (DASH)
Decred (DCR)
I/O Coin (IOC)
Litecoin (LTC)
NEM (XEM)

'C' Grades
Aeon (AEON)
Asch (XAS)
Blackcoin (BLK)
Blocknet (BLOCK)
Burst (BURST)
Bytecoin (BCN)
Counterparty (XCP)
Dogecoin (DOGE)
Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Kommodo (KMD)
Lisk (LSK)
Monero (XMR)
NAV Coin (NAV)
Nebilo (NEBL)
Nexus (NXS)
Peercoin (PPC)
PIVX (PIVX)
Qtum (QTUM)
RaiBlocks (XRB)
Ripple (XRP)
Shift (SHIFT)
SmartCash (SMART)
Stellar (XLM)
Stratis (STRAT)
Verge (XVG)
Vertcoin (VIA)
Waves (WAVES)
XTRABYTES (XBY)
ZCoin (XZC)

Although I do believe in the potential of their top two coins, I wouldn't put a lot of weight on their rating system.  Regardless, it was interesting to see this type of review, and I expect more reports will surface throughout the year ahead.

I threw up a quick poll on Twitter to get a general impression of what the twitterverse thought about the Weiss Report - Valuable or Garbage. After only a few minutes and 200+ votes, the results seem overwhelmingly one sided 72% Garbage, 28% Valuable.  Let me know your thoughts and opions in the comment section below!

14 comments:

  1. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... How to invest in cryptocurrency

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a good job with your knowledge that makes our work easy because you are providing such good information. Keep sharing this kind of knowledge with us. linzhi phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. Investasi bitcoin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there to everybody, it’s my first go to see of this web site; this weblog consists of awesome and in fact good stuff for visitors. Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what stuff! Existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web site. You can also visit doge coin for more Colodax related information and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Crypto market maker

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've written a very useful article. This article provided me with some useful knowledge aboutbuy and sell vancouver. Thank you for providing this information. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Platform crypto

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have posted an excellent article. It is all about the cryptocurrency. It is very informative. Crypto Exchange Wallet Online.Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet website , super pattern , rattling clean and use friendly Make Fast Money Online

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've posted a very informative post here about Antminer L7 Price. This article provided me with some useful knowledge. Thank you for sharing that. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. goldshell kd2

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. antminer l7

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. avalonminer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read the above article and I got some knowledge from your article. It's actually great and useful data for us. Thanks for share it.Trade Bitcoin Online

    ReplyDelete